The St. Stephen Proto-martyr Church is a place of interest in Ligao City, a sight worth seeing.
|St. Stephen Proto-martyr Church|
The parish began as a missionary settlement in the village of Cavasi in the town of Ligao, under the helm of the Franciscan Friars. The first recorded baptism of native converts to the Christian faith was on the 24th of August 1608. The first pastor was Fray Luis de San Juan.
The first brick church was built by using light materials, but has subsequently succumbed to several natural and man-made disasters. Finally, the church was completed in 1881 by the initiation of .
|St. Stephen Proto-martyr Church in 1966.|
St. Stephen Proto-Martyr Church is one of the most prominent landmarks in the city. It is located near the plaza and city hall and it is accessible from all points of the city.